Google Places replaced by Google Plus Local| April 21, 2015 | Marketing and SEO
Google Places is no more.
This is the latest push by the search engine giant to integrate Google Plus with more features which allow users to interact and network.
Here are the most important changes that have been made:
- Google+ Local pages will replace Google Places pages.
- Google+ Local pages will be indexed by Google. That means that unlike the old Places pages, they’ll show up in search results.
- Google+ has a new “Local” tab
- The old 5-star review system has been replaced with the Zagat 30-point review system.
- Google+ Local pages will be integrated across Google properties (Google+, standard search, Google Maps, mobile)
- A Google+ circles filter has been added so you can find reviews from people you know
The conversion to Google+ Local pages is happening whether your Places page is claimed or not. If you’ve already claimed your Places page, you’ll continue to manage your information and reviews through Google Places for Business – so your back end won’t change. We mentioned it above, but in case you missed it – Google+ Local pages will be indexed. That means your Google+ Local page can show up in search results in local searches. It’s more important than ever to get on Google and claim your listing – your listing could potentially show up on Page One, so you should claim it and control it.